Petrolia NOCO is looking for an experienced candidate to join its team as an Explorationist/Senior Explorationist in Bergen to be part of a team consisting of highly motivated and dedicated colleagues working in a fast-paced, fun and creative work environment. You will be involved in decision making early on with excellent development opportunities through hands-on involvement in all technical, business, commercial and strategic aspects of oil and gas exploration
Generalists and specialists are all encouraged to apply with competence in all or parts of the activities listed below.
About the company
Petrolia NOCO is a privately owned independent E&P company qualified as an operator on the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
With a young and dynamic exploration team together with an experienced technical and business management team, the company is highly geared to create value through its strategy of focusing on material exploration success.
By combining smart and cost-effective technology with Norwegian Continental Shelf competence, the company is challenging consensus to open new exploration plays.
Petrolia NOCO has been involved in exploration in Norway since 2012 and has ten licenses.
As Explorationist/Senior Explorationist in Petrolia NOCO, you will be responsible for:
- Regional screening and leads/prospects generation and maturation
- Identifying the most viable and best value adding oil and gas prospects for license rounds, farm-ins and drilling
- License work on Petrolia NOCO operated and partner operated licenses
- Resource assessments, risk analyses and economic evaluations
- Representing Petrolia NOCO in license committees
- Support Petrolia NOCO’s management with strategic decision making
- MSc/PhD within Geoscience
- 5+ years experience in exploration, including licensing rounds and licence work, preferably also with operated licenses
- Proven track record and diverse exploration experience from Norwegian offshore basins
- Experienced in both Geology and Geophysics with broad experience in seismic interpretation, prospect generation and reservoir characterisation
- Ability to effectively work and integrate across the subsurface disciplines
- Good experience using different exploration related software
- Some knowledge of CCS (carbon capture and storage) related geology is appreciated but not required
- Excellent analytical skills
- Open minded team player
- Pro-active, self-motivated and capable of working independently, delivering high quality products
- Forward leaning professional curious to learn and develop
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ensure the correct use of relevant business processes/management systems and ensure use in compliance with corporate requirements
- Norwegian and English
- A creative and fun work environment where technical expertise and exploration experience are shared and valued
- Competitive salaries, good pension and insurance schemes
- Relevant professional training
- Flexible working hours
- Short route to decision making
- Great development opportunities through hands-on involvement in all technical, business, commercial and strategic aspects of oil and gas exploration
Please apply here.
Trond Halvorsen Wierød
SVP Exploration & Production
tlf: +47 95238707